Thursday, February 16, 2012

Anxiety Priorities

Spent yesterday evening at a downtown Augusta bar with some friends. It was karaoke night.

I sang.

It was terrifying. I was more nervous last night than I was at the awards breakfast last June.

There's probably something wrong with that. Anxiety priorities, anyone? My issues with stage fright go all the way back to a botched solo during a fourth grade play, so getting up on stage and making it all the way through a song . . .

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with myself today.

I don't know how well I did, but at least I'm pretty sure my performance topped Bridget Jones's. However, I wouldn't mind a pair of sparkly tinsel antennae like hers to wear during my next number.  Because yeah, I might just do it again sometime. Someone hide the Journey tracks before I can get to 'em!

(No, I didn't bust out with "Don't Stop Believing" last night. I sang Train's "Hey, Soul Sister.")

No comments:

Post a Comment