Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Road to Publication: Part Nine

[This is part 9 of a summary of Spookygirl’s journey toward publication. Use the Progress tag to access all related entries.]

Ooh, ooh! The mail brought me an excuse for a new progress post.

This is the Fall 2012 catalog for Penguin Young Readers Group:

  
(What a marvelous moose!)


And this is pg. 37 of the catalog:


Squee!! I happen to think pg. 37 is the best page of the whole thing, but I might just be a little bit biased. Just a little bit. Tiny little bit.

The catalog itself is 364 pages. I find that both wonderful (the world can never have too many books!) and sobering (because I'd like my book to stand out from the crowd, and that's quite a crowd, and that's just the Young Readers division of one publisher).

If you're interested, you can browse PDFs of Penguin's various catalogs here

I should have another progress post up soon. It's a biggie. *tents fingers*

5 comments:

  1. Jill, did you write the description of Spookygirl in the catalog or did someone at Penquin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill,

    Wow, that puts it into perspective--your book gets a whole page in the catalog...that's filled with 300-plus pages of other books.

    BTW...do you have a release date for the book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The release date is August 16. I'm counting down the days!

      Delete
  3. I think that'd be my favorite page, too, if I were you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete